Today we will learn hot to care for our inFin Hair extensions, bundles, wigs, etc.
These steps should be performed at least 2-3 times a month to ensure the best results.
- Use a moisturizing or hydrating shampoo, or shampoo for color-treated hair if you use color in your hair. We recommend: Pantene (Moisture Renewal, Repair and Protect) **Shampoo straighter textures more often. A drawback of straight and body wave textured hair is that it can become oily quickly. The natural oils from your scalp travel faster down your hair if it’s straight and this can give it a greasy appearance. If this happens to you, wash your hair weekly at minimum. Use a shampoo that is labeled as “volumizing” or “lightweight” for the best results.
- Use a lightweight or volumizing conditioner on this type of hair. We recommend Pantene as well.
- Condition hair as often as you would like. While you should shampoo chemically straightened hair infrequently, conditioning it often is a must. Use hydrating conditioner or conditioner each day by applying it below the roots and rinsing it with lukewarm water while you’re in the shower.
- Use a deep conditioner once per week if your hair begins looking especially dry.
- Use deep conditioners and sulfate-free shampoo on curlier textured hair. If a deep conditioner needs to be rinsed, be sure to rinse it in lukewarm instead of hot water. Using hot water can further dry out your hair.
- Use shampoos and conditioners that are free of chemicals. Certain chemical ingredients are not good for any hair type, including straight and straightened hair. Ingredients to avoid are sulfates, parabens, fragrance, triclosan, and polyethylene glycol. These ingredients have been found to be too harsh on the hair and scalp (sulfates and fragrance), cancer-causing (parabens and polyethylene glycol), or linked to immune system problems (triclosan). Look for products that are labeled sulfate and paraben free, and naturally fragranced with an essential oil.